Friday, September 2, 2011

Currently

My Side of the Mountain: 177pgs
Total pages: 527pgs

Favorite Sentences:
"I ran away once....well, because I wanted to do something else."

"Let's face it , Thoreau, you can't live in America today and be quietly different.  If you are going to be different, you are going to stand out, and people are going to hear about you; and in your case, if they hear about you, they will remove you to the city or move to you and you won't be different anymore."

"There is no such thing as a silent winter night."

I like these quotes, all from My Side of the Mountain, because they all convey they journey Sam went through.  Running away for no other reason then because he could, learning to live and interact with nature, and finally realizing that even different becomes normal after awhile, they all just explain the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment