Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blogging Today

So I've been reading the book Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy.  I've heard football coaches talk about this book and what it means.  The book really is a great book that follows Tony Dungy through apart of his football life.  It starts out following Tony in the end of high school career and looking towards college.  He always dreamed of being a Spartan, for Western Michigan I believe.  There was a coach there that he had always wanted to play for (the name escapes me right now and the books far away so....ya) but he retired before Tony could go there so he ended up going to the University of Minnesota.  Tony played quarterback in college and he was good.  There was one instance, however, where he put himself before the rest of the team.  He was one TD pass away from setting a new school record and despite his coach telling him to run the ball he called a pass...and it was intercepted.  His coach said on the sideline "I'm so mad if I had a gun I'd shoot you."  Tony's team would go on to win said game and he would end up throwing that record setting TD but he learned something, you do whats best for all not for yourself.  Well that's all for today so I will talk to you all later, see you at the beginning....

No comments:

Post a Comment